Now that you have applied for your Salesforce Trial, it is time to complete the Salesforce Foundation Donation application process, obtain your 10 free Salesforce licenses and make your Salesforce account (and HomeKeeper app_ permanent. We cannot proceed with HomeKeeper installation until you have completed these instructions.
Note: The Salesforce Foundation is continually updating their own onboarding process, so please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions, or to let us know if things have changed from our instructions.
1. Log into your Salesforce Trial Account: Login.salesforce.com
In order to apply for the "Power of Us" program, you need to know your Salesforce Organization Salesforce ID. To find that, first go to https://login.salesforce.com/ and enter your username (email) and password.
2. In a separate tab, go to the Salesforce Foundation Website http://powerofus.salesforcefoundation.org/powerofusapply
Then, login using your Salesforce username and password (the same as you used at login.salesforce.com) This will connect your trial instance to your Power of Us application.
3. Complete the listed sections and submit your application
Complete each section of the application, which inquire about your readiness for Salesforce, primary contact, organization details and 501c3 documention (Letter from IRS).
4. Check your email for confirmation of Submission
You will receive an email from Salesforce upon successful submission of this form.
5. Wait for an email confirming your application has been approved. Forward the confirmation e-mail to email@example.com
You will receive a final confirmation email from Salesforce (example shown above). Please forward this to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of this step. This can take 7-14 business days (often shorter). It's important that this step is complete, so we do not customize a trial version of HomeKeeper, and lose your customizations later.