Welcome! We hope you're excited about the opportunity to use HomeKeeper.
Contact us! We'll get you set up for support.
If you're new send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll make sure you're on the latest version of HomeKeeper, that we've got the right Primary Contact listed for your organization and make sure you can start using HomeKeeper right away to get your job done.
The Logins You'll Need
1. Sign up for the Support Forums
You can sign up for the Support Forums here. This will allow you to see the support articles we've created to answer users' questions and to help new users get started. Once you sign up, you'll get an e-mail prompting you to set up your password for the first time.
2. Make sure you have a login to your organization's Salesforce Account
3. Subscribe to the User Announcements Forum
Click Subscribe in the User Announcements forum to get updates in your inbox about upcoming in person and webinar trainings, as well as our monthly open "office hours" where users, new and old, bring questions to the HomeKeeper staff
Read Our Top Articles for New Users
- What do I really get when I get HomeKeeper? Salesforce, Non-Profit Starter Pack and HomeKeeper
- Learn how to navigate Salesforce: Getting Started: Finding Your Way Around Salesforce
- Use List Views to quickly filter and sort the data in your system
- Use Inline Editing to edit multiple records at once
- Properties track information about land, buildings and units.
- Services track households' interaction with your program from inquiry through purchase and beyond
- Housing Opportunities let you track revolving loan funds, grant pools and other financing your organization provides to buyers.
- Reports and Dashboards let you sort, filter and graph the information on the objects in Salesforce.
The article What's Covered in Orientation is a great starting point for new users to HomeKeeper, as well as this article on getting data in, if your organization has not completely gotten your data into HomeKeeper.
Watch a Recording of your organizaiton's Orientation or our Application Pipeline Webinar
We also may have a copy of your organization's original HomeKeeper training, which can sometimes be helpful (though the features we originally trained on may be out of date.) Contact us to check if we have a recording of your training.
If we don't have a copy, or your organization was oriented on old features, we recommend watching our Managing an Application Pipeline webinar, which goes over the ins and outs of creating a Service File to store information about your applicants, who eventually become homeowners.